2024 AMAP Annual Conference & Workshop
Join AMAP for our 25th Annual Conference & Workshop at the Sheraton Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah. This event will be a great opportunity to network with other companies and individuals in the industry, and to learn more during the educational sessions given by industry experts.
AMAP is hosting it's inaugural Call for Abstracts to cover the theme of Technology on the Rise.
Submission on topics related to quality, performance, innovation, and implementation in modified asphalt paving and roofing applications are welcome. The abstract must not exceed 500 words and must provide a description of the presentation. If there is specific data that the submitter wishes to include, please use no more than one page for figures and tables. In addition, a resume (maximum of 2 pages) may be submitted along with the abstract to support expertise, if desired. The presentation time slot is scheduled for 40 minutes, with 30-35 minutes allocated for the presentation and an additional 5-10 minutes for Q&A.
Deadline for submittal is April 30, 2024
Cross-discipline abstracts are welcomed and highly encouraged. Who would we like to hear from? The list below is not all inclusive but intended to provide examples of the variety of presentations that AMAP is seeking:
- Equipment companies and innovations to handle modification
- Asphalt mixture producers and contractors sharing experiences and lessons learned
- Pavement Preservation – exploring new technology and uses for modification
- Agencies / SAPAs - Specification changes, test sections, implementation using modifiers and additives, and challenges
- Liquid Suppliers – examining material effects of different modifiers
- Modifier / Additive Suppliers – delving into supply chain effects and new technologies and applications
- Collaborations – recognizing that we do not work in isolation, let’s explore how collaboration truly gets the job done!
- Modified Roofing - industry challenges, current trends, and new uses for modified asphalt in roofing applications
The following is a short list of what the selection committee will assess in evaluating the abstract:
- Relevance of the topic to AMAP and the Conference theme
- Content Credibility
- Presenter Expertise
- Ensuring the presentation is not an advertisement for a specific company and/or product
- Will these abstracts be published?
- Yes, these abstracts will be published as part of the program on the website.
- When will I find out if my abstract was accepted?
- Notification for acceptance of abstract is June 28, 2024
- Will there be a poster session?
- Poster session is currently under consideration.